Have diets NOT been working for you? Try these healthier weight loss options to lose weight fast!
First of all, yes diets work, but they only work while you’re on them. What you actually need are quick ways to lose fat and inches that you can add to your regular eating habits… your regular way of life! This way, you will not only see fast results, but you will continue to see results and feel healthier forever more.
Therefore, there aren’t any “diets” on this list.
Secondly, I don’t believe in using diet pills / supplements unnecessarily. Again, they’re only good if you continue to use them, and their continued use is expensive at best and dangerous at worst.
Therefore, there are no diet pills or supplements on this list.
Without further adieu…. 🙂
- Stay hydrated… with water!: Drinking water, and only water (at least mostly), does three very important things, which all lead to you losing weight faster!
- Helps to flush put your system: Without enough water, your kidney can not efficiently and effectively rid your body of toxins, excess supplements and… wait for it… fat!
- Helps you “feel” more full: Put simply, water takes up space in the body, so you don’t feel as hungry. Given this, there is a such thing as too much water, but as long as you’re eating plenty of protein, fruits and vegetables with your water, you won’t even come close to the danger zone!
- Helps reduce calories, sugar, sodium, articifical chemicals…: Wow! “What’s this about?” you say… If you’re not drinking water, then you’re drinking soda, sports drink, beer, etc. The vast majority of the water alternatives contain more calories, more sugar (carbohydrates), artifical chemicals and more. In other words, “stuff” that either your body doesn’t need or will hurt you in excess!
- Don’t skip meals: The real key to constant and healthy weight loss is a high metabolism. You had little problem keeping the weight and fat off in your teens and 20s right? And you could eat just about anything… why? Because your metabolism is naturally at its peak during these ages. This means your body is burning the calories as fast as you take them in.
- Your metabolism slows over time, and skipping meals only makes it slower! Yes you’ve avoided a few calories in the short run, but the long term affect is a slower metabolism and greater fat retention.
- Avoid white bread and pasta: Removing white grain products — like as white rice, spaghetti, and sandwich bread, etc. — will quickly slim you down, because these foods contain simple carbs that cause bloating, especially around your stomach. Additionally, “Simple carbohydrates wreak havoc on your weight because they’re digested very quickly, leaving you hungry and more likely to overeat later,” says Jana Klauer, M.D., author of The Park Avenue Nutritionist’s Plan.
- Even better… rather than replacing them with healthier yet still bloat-triggering whole-grain bread products, substitute vegetables and fruit for the week. For example, turn a chicken sandwich into a chicken salad, and chips and dip become carrots and dip. The complex carbs in vegetables are digested slower, so you remain full longer. And because veggies are mostly water, they also help flush out excess water weight (awesome!).
- Sip some coffee before your workout: I’ll admit that coffee is the exception to my water only rule (and a gin and tonic from time to time… complete disclosure). Why?
- You already know that it’s a great way to get your morning started, but coffee is also an excellent pre-workout drink!
- Cardio & strength training for an hour 18 minutes per day!: Typically I would say that you need 30 minutes to an hour of strengthand cardio training per day, but these guys have reduced the required time down to 18 minutes per day!
If you can do these 5 things, you will be well on your way to losing weight fast and an overall healthier life!
What are your quick weight loss tips?
Please share in the comments!